Difference between revisions of "Firmware Update"
Revision as of 14:40, 26 March 2008
To install/update the firmware for the UPHCC-* series of boards,
- first download the appropriate firmware for the board and/or application,
- run the firmware uploader program for your platform (see below)
- enter bootloader mode (aka. firmware update mode) on UPHCC-usb,
Firmware Uploading On Windows
- download and install Microchip's MCHPFSUSB USB Framework. This package includes their USB Firmware bootloader application.
- run "PICDEM FS USB Demo Tool" (launched with PDFSUSB.exe), choose the bootloader mode.
- load the firmware hexfile downloaded in above steps
- click 'download or whatever'
Firmware Uploading On Linux
- download, build, and install fsusb
- make sure you run the program with proper rights to the USB devices. You might have to run it either as root or suid root.
- commandline: ./fsusb --program firmware_hexfile.hex
Entering Bootloader Mode
- turn on UPHCC-usb
- press RESET button on UPHCC-usb quickly a few times (at least twice; it is important that the time between the last two presses is less than 1/2 of a second)
- the bootloader should come up with USB Vendor:Product IDs of: 04d8:000b
- The UPHCC application firmwares have a Vendor ID of 16c0 and a Product ID in the range of 096a to 0973.